As summer winds down, now is the perfect time to renew your relationship with one of the most beautiful, green spaces in Boston! The Rose Kennedy Greenway’s 15 acres of parks, playgrounds, and fountains run through the North End, Chinatown, the Wharf District, and Dewey Square, maybe even into your family’s backyard. Since we featured the Greenway last, it has only become a more fun place to play.
All of these new activities and improved spaces along the Rose Kennedy Greenway will keep your family busy having fun outdoors from summer into fall:
- The Greenway activity van – this Imagination Playground is full of fun toys and games for kids to use for free on Thursdays in the Wharf District and on Fridays in the North End between 11am and 2pm
- The Greenway Open Market – check out this talent show of local artists and their crafts on Saturdays between 11am and 6pm through October 26th
- The Greenway Carousel Park opening on Labor Day – ride into fall on the new and improved carousel that even parents will love
- Greenway urban gardening blog and community gardening events – try out your green thumb with other gardeners in this green space
- Downloadable scavenger hunts – these are a great way for kids to learn their way around the city with special attention to historical landmarks that adults will want to revisit, too
Heading to the Greenway this weekend? Let the Kohl’s and Boston Children’s Hospital’s Healthy Family Fun program know which part of the park your family loves best!