Halloween is a great holiday to spend with your kids—costumes, parades, pumpkin carving, and of course, candy! While it’s great to have fun and enjoy the spirit of Halloween, it is also important to be mindful of how much candy your family consumes. Here are some great tips for making your Halloween a little healthier this year!
- Make sure your family eats before trick-or-treating. This will prevent everyone from overdoing it later in the night.
- Donate extra candy to your local food pantry or Ronald McDonald House. You can also check out the Halloween Candy Buy Back. Local dentists will buy your Halloween candy to donate to US Troops overseas.
- Put the candy out of sight by storing it in a cabinet rather than a bowl on the table.
- Check out [intlink id="1824" type="post"]this previous post[/intlink] for more healthy Halloween tips!
If you’re looking for some fun Halloween events for the whole family, check out these local happenings:
- Halloween Night Prowl, Franklin Park, October 28th
- Halloween Activity Festival, Marcella Park in Roxbury, October 30th
- Zoo Howl, Franklin Park Zoo, October 30th
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt, Dudley Square Library Branch, October 31st
- Halloween Party and Parade, Connolly Library Branch, October 31st
Share your healthy Halloween tips with other parents by posting a comment below!