August is here and Boston is celebrating its beautiful weather with time spent playing sports in the sunshine. Free events are popping up in playspaces all across the city sponsored by organizations we know and love like the Franklin Park Coalition. Your family, friends, and neighbors are invited to join in the fun! Five family-friendly sports and recreation celebrations are coming up really soon, so get them on your schedule today.
- Today (8/1): Bring the kids to Moakley Park at noon so they can hop into the pool and run through the spray features for a free hour-long “Splash Dance Party.” If you miss it this week, don’t worry. These parties will be happening every Friday in August.
- Tomorrow (8/2): Kick up a storm from noon to 6pm in the third annual Reclaim Our Youth Kickball Event at Playstead Ballfields in Franklin Park.
- August 14th and 28th: Coming together on Thursday evenings from 6-8pm to play volleyball and soccer as a family might just be the perfect way to end the day. See you at the Stony Brook Southwest Corridor Park for some sunset sports.
- August 14th, 21st, and 28th: Thursdays evenings are full of fun with Youth Sports Nights at Franklin Park. So once you’ve given sports on the Southwest Corridor a try, mix it up with a little basketball, flag football, and hula hooping from 5-8pm.
- August 15th: Gather at Long Wharf to catch a free ferry to Peddocks Island for a full “Fitness and Field Day” from 10am-3pm of Zumba, yoga, and more activities overlooking Boston Harbor.
The options are limitless, so enjoy summer sports in your city your way!