The Harvard Summer School Orchestra will perform it’s 30th annual concert under the direction of Judith Zuckerman in historic Sanders Theater on Saturday, August 1 at 8 PM. We are delighted to welcome back one of our favorite violin soloists, Jodi Hagen, this time joined by wonderful violist, Holly Barnes to play Mozart’s sparkling Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola, and Orchestra. The program will also include Sibelius’ Karelia Suite, Nielsen’s ethereal Saga Drøm, and the world premier of Boston’s own Jeffrey Brody’s Adagio for Winds, Brass, Harp and Percussion. The program concludes with Schubert’s joyfully energetic Symphony No. 3.
Admission is free. The theater is air-conditioned. Accessible seating is available. Free parking is available at the Broadway Garage at 7 Felton Street.
Director: Judith Zuckerman
- Sibelius, Karelia Suite, Op. 11
- Mozart, Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra, K.364- Jody Hagen. violin: Holly Barnes, viola
- Brody, Adagio for Winds, Brass, Harp, and Percussion
- Nielsen, Saga Drum, Op.39
- Schubert, Symphony No. 3. D.200
8:00 PM- 10:15 PM