Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: none
Makes: 5 servings
Good for: side dish, lunch, dinner
- 2 large cucumbers
- 3 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (alternative: cranberries)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Peel cucumbers and halve lengthwise. Remove seeds. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine cucumbers in a large bowl with cilantro, pomegranate/cranberries, oil, lime juice, scallion, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with feta.
Serving size: 1 cup
162 calories, 12 g fat (3 g sat), 378 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 4 g protein, 13 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber
Recipe adapted from Eating Well
Photo courtesy of Eating Well