- 4 chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 small oranges: peeled, seeded, and separated into their natural sections
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon: peeled, seeded, and cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the chicken, onion and oranges on a baking sheet. Be sure nothing overlaps with anything else. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. (Wash your hands with soap and water before and after handling raw chicken or meat).
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the chicken is browned on top and cooked inside and the onions and fruit have softened and darkened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Chicken is done when you poke it with a knife and clear liquid runs out. Remove the chicken skin, if you like.
- Move the chicken to a large plate or platter. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fruit and onions and then top the chicken with the roasted fruit mixture. Serve right away.
Yields: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of Chop Chop Magazine
Image source: Cooking on the Weekends