Ingredients Serves: Four
6 red or green bell peppers
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 cup fresh basil leaves
3 garlic cloves
2 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan.
3. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
4. Arrange peppers cut sides up in baking pan and lightly oil cut edges of stems.
5. Halve cherry tomatoes and chop onion basil, and garlic.
6. In a bowl, toss tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Spoon equal portions of mixture into peppers and roast in upper third of onion until peppers are tender; about 20 minutes.