Makes: 6 servings
- 1 1/3 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, beat milk, egg and oil together.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until the flour is moistened.
- Add blueberries and stir gently.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle and cook until browned. Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired.
|Serving Size||2 pancakes|
|Total carbohydrates||28 g|
|Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Total fat||4 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2 g|
(Recipe courtesy of: Mayo Clinic, image courtesy of: Driscoll.com)