- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- You can substitute one 16-ounce package of frozen Brussels sprouts for the fresh Brussels sprouts. Thaw these by placing the Brussels sprouts in a colander and running them under cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with oil, salt, and pepper to coat evenly.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a baking dish and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Yields: 4 servings
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Calories: 80
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Recipe courtesy of Harvard School of Public Health Nutrition Source
Image source: Steamy Kitchen