It’s been over a month since you resolved to get healthier, eat better, or exercise more in the New Year. How well are you keeping your resolution?
If you’re like many Americans, you may be struggling to find the time or motivation to make the healthy changes that you’d like for yourself and your family. You might also struggle to sort through all the health information that you read in magazines or see on TV.
Have we got some good news for you! The USDA created SuperTracker to make getting healthier easier. SuperTracker provides a variety of tools to help individuals and families make good on their wellness goals. With SuperTracker, you can set goals for yourself and monitor your progress while getting the additional information and resources you need to meet your goals. SuperTracker can help you to plan and track your diet and exercise each day, offering tips and information about how to make improvements.
What are you waiting for? Get in and give SuperTracker a try. The best part- it’s FREE! While you’re exploring, take a look at some of the other great tools available on the SuperTracker website. Here’s your insider’s guide to what’s in store:
- The Daily Food Plan allows you to enter some key information about yourself (such as your age, sex, height, and activity level) to calculate about how many calories you should be eating each day and how much of each food group to shoot for. (Also check out the Daily Food Plan for Moms and Preschoolers!)
- The Calorie Calculator tool for physical activity gives an estimate of how many calories are burned doing different types of physical activities.
- The Calories Count Chart for Mixed Dishes provides a breakdown of the amount of each food group you might consume when you eat mixed dishes such as a burrito or a piece of pizza.
- The Empty Calories Chart shows how many calories come from added sugars or solid fats in foods that your family might eat.
- The BMI Calculator helps you determine whether or not you are at a healthy weight so that you can make informed decisions about your eating and exercise plan.
- The Portion Distortion quiz helps you watch out for hidden calories in larger portions of your favorite foods. Don’t be fooled!
- Learn more about how to read and use Food Labels to make informed decisions about the foods you purchase for your family.
Resolving to make healthier choices for you and your family is a great first step. SuperTracker can help make it happen! Will you try SuperTracker? Let us know how it goes in the comments below!