- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 12-ounce boxes of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup liquid egg-white substitute
- 3⁄4 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon low-sodium
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
3. Place thawed spinach in a colander and press to remove excess water.
4. Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix until combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cut the casserole into eight squares and serve. This casserole can be prepared 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
Yields: 8 servings
Serving: ¾ cup
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Recipe courtesy of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.