- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a nonstick skillet, combine the broccoli, onion and water. Sauté over medium-high heat until the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Keep adding water to prevent the vegetables from drying out, but use as little water as possible. Drain and set aside when the broccoli is done.
- In a bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and ¾ cup cheese. Add in the broccoli mixture and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Set the baking dish into a large pan filled with about 1 inch of water. Bake uncovered until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Total Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrate: 8g