Prep time: 10 minutes to 1.5 hours (depending on how it’s prepared)
- 4 Tablespoons cream cheese, low fat whipped
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup broccoli washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup zucchini washed and cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup yellow summer squash washed and cut into small strips
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 2 Tablespoons green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoons chives chopped fine
- In a small bowl, stir ranch seasoning into cream cheese, chill.
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Steam broccoli in microwave for 1 minute with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Spread cream cheese onto flour tortilla, staying one inch from edge. Sprinkle vegetables over cream cheese. Roll tortilla tightly.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving (the wrap will hold its shape better). With a sharp knife slice into circles and serve.
* Try different vegetables, herbs and spices, such as green beans, lettuce, radishes, corn; dill, oregano, basil, mint, curry or chili powder.
* You can substitute pre-made flavored cream cheeses- chive, herb or vegetable.
* Try a sweet cream cheese and add fruit to your wrap for a different twist.
* This wrap is great with soup or salad or served as a cool summer appetizer!
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Serving Size: 1/2 tortilla each
Yield: 4 servings
4 g protein
16 g carbohydrates
4 g fat
5 mg cholesterol
220 mg sodium
***Recipe courtesy of United States Department of Agriculture