One of the best ways to start a school year off right is with healthy school lunches. Healthy school lunches provide lots of benefits for students. When children have a good lunch, they are able to concentrate better in class and keep their energy up throughout the day. And eating a good lunch can prevent snacking in the afternoon! Packing healthy school lunches doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult and some small changes can make a big difference.
Try these tips!
- Pack water instead of juice
- Try the Bento box style of lunch, with a little bit of everything
- Include real fruit instead of fruit cups
- Make extra servings of dinner and pack leftovers the next day or two for lunch
- Use whole wheat bread or wraps for sandwiches instead of white (or mix things up and try apple sandwiches!)
- Pack Greek yogurt instead of pudding for a dessert
(Image courtesy of LiveStrong.com)