- 4 cups Romaine salad mix
- 1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pineapple juice from canned pineapple chunks
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place one cup of Romaine salad mix on each of four salad plates. Spoon 1/4 of the drained pineapple chunks and ¼ cup of shredded carrots in the middle of each salad bed. Top with equal amounts of raisins and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, make dressing by combining mayonnaise, pineapple juice and cinnamon. Using a spoon, drizzle 2½ tablespoons of dressing over each salad and serve.
Yields: 4 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving
Total Fat 9.4g
Saturated Fat 1.3g
Dietary Fiber 4g