- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dry old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 3/4 cup dried apple pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a plate to cool. Raise the temperature of the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oatmeal and bran flakes. Stir to mix well. Add the honey mixture and toss with your hands. Don’t break the clumps apart.
- Spread the cereal mixture evenly onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven and, stirring occasionally, bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal mixture, toasted almonds, apple pieces and raisins. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Yields: 12 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Total Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 33g