- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (3 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, breaking up tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
Yields: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Total Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
Dietary Fiber 2g