Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound fresh yucca (cassava), peeled and cut into 3 inch sections (or 1 pound peeled frozen yucca)
- Non-stick vegetable spray oil
- In a kettle, combine the yucca with enough cold water to cover it by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil, and slowly simmer the yucca for 20 to 30 minutes or until it is tender.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Transfer yucca to a cutting board, let it cool, and cut it lengthwise into ¾ inch-wide wedges
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray
- Spread yucca wedges in a single layer on the cookie sheet and spray the wedges with vegetable oil spray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and return to oven to bake for another 7 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 piece
Nutritional analysis per serving:
1 g fat
0 g saturated fat
2 g protein
20 g carbohydrates
0 mg cholesterol
3 mg sodium
1 g fiber
522 mg potassium
Recipe courtesy of the National Institute of Health
Image Courtesy of Living Beautifully on a Budget.