- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- One 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup prepared hot salsa or picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Saute the garlic until tender, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the beans, salsa and lime juice. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the tomato; sprinkle with cilantro.
Yields: 4 servings
Serving size: 1⁄2 cup
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0g
Sodium: 196 mg
Image courtesy of Truffle Head.