The Salvation Army’s Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center is a favorite place to gather and grow in their community for Kohl’s and Boston Children’s Hospital’s Healthy Family Fun Program’s newest featured family, the Gomes Family. We can see why with all of the fun activities the Kroc Center has to offer children and adults year-round on its 6.5 acres of athletic fields and facilities in Boston.
Has your family joined in yet? Summer vacation is the perfect time to
- dive into one of the Kroc’s pools
- slip and slide your way down the water slides of the biggest indoor water park in Boston
- drop into Teen Sports Night or join a weekly kid’s club
- sign up for a recreational sports league – offerings include leagues for middle schoolers, for high schoolers, and for adults of all ages
- try a group exercise or dance class in the Kroc’s dedicated studios
- learn to cook – kids will soon be invited to apply for a vocational culinary training in the beautiful Kroc kitchen
- climb the rock wall
- grab a snack at the Kroc Café to reenergize after having all that fun!
As the largest community and fitness center in the region, the Kroc Center also offers members the opportunity to play and learn in its:
- NCAA-regulation basketball gym
- Fitness center with cardio area, free weights, and circuit training
- Outdoor park
- Outdoor spray ground
- Soccer field
- Music studio
All of these offerings may make you want to rush right down to the Kroc Center and get involved with this hub of your community. Well, you can! Families who want to get active together this summer are invited to enroll as new members of the Kroc Center now! Give them a call at 617-318-6900 to find out more about the terms of membership or head down to 650 Dudley Street between Roxbury and Dorchester to join in today. Healthy Family Fun and the Gomes Family may just see you there!
(Featured image source: http://www.sportsmgmt.com/projects/featuredprojects/bostonkroc.html)