Celebrate with Mattapan Food and Fitness at our 5th year Anniversary of Mattapan on Wheels!
What: a bike ride/tour of Mattapan and neighboring communities w/ a celebration at the end
When: Saturday July 25th, 2015 9AM-4PM
Rain Date: Saturday August 1st, 2015
Where: 5 Mildred Ave, Mattapan MA, 02126
Cost: $0 FREE!
Age: 8+ w/parent, 14+ for the bike ride , any age for the activities
the Mattapan Food and Fitness Coalition: invites you to our 5th Mattapan On Wheels event and celebration! This event started with the purpose to raise awareness about bike-ability in Mattapan, to bring the community together for fun, and to get them exercising! Last year, 60+ participants showed up and took part in one of the two biking groups: Family Ride and Expert Ride. We rode the trails of American Legion Highway, explored the Boston Nature Center, and enjoyed the scenic atmosphere. This year participants will be riding 2 new routes full of entertainment and enjoyment with each mile you ride.
additions to the 2015 Bike-a-Thon
Have kids that are too small to participate in Mattapan On Wheels? Then have them participate in biking activities that will be held at the Walker Playground. Kids can ride the trail that is in the park or take part in a few fitness activities taliored for them and other ages.
FREE BIKE LOANS, RAFFLES,FREE HELMETS, AND A FREE PAIR OF BIKE LIGHTS IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN BIKE!
Each Mattapan on Wheels Event gets bigger with each passing year. With more participants biking in this awesome bike ride the more funds it takes to run the program. Help MFFC reach our goal of raising $2,000 to help offset the cost of the event for 2016. What do you have to do you may ask? We are asking for a donation of $5. Don’t have the funds, no problem, you can still participate!
Important information for the ride
1. There will be two rides: Family Ride and Expert Ride.
2. A bike safety demonstration will be given at the beginning of the ride.
3. Bikes will be provided for those who need them at NO COST. We will be asking for a $5 donation for helmets. Don’t worry if you aren’t able to pay.
4. You are encouraged to bring your own bike if you have one so that others who do not have one may participate in the ride.
5. If this is your first time on a bike we would recommend that you DO NOT ride the route but practice at Walker Playground.
6. PLEASE practice riding your bikes before the event, we will be biking on the streets*
7. If you have any medical conditions, be sure to take caution for yourself
TO RECIEVE YOUR BIKE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT YOU MUST HAVE SOME SORT OF COLLATERAL SUCH AS KEYS, CREDIT CARD, ID, ETC. THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT THE BIKES ARE RETURNED SAFELY TO THE ORGANIZATION THAT LET US BORROW THEM. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU MUST FILL OUT A WAIVER FORM WITH A PARENT SIGNATURE! BIKES WILL BE GIVEN OUT ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS IF YOU REGISTERED***
contact us thru email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW ACCEPTING ORGANIZATIONS WHO WOULD LIKE TO TABLE AT OUR EVENT. PLEASE EMAIL MATTAPAONWHEELS@GMAIL.COM
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM