- Non-stick cooking spray as needed
- 4 medium Chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup Chili sauce, low sodium
- 1 ½ cups Green peppers, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Celery, chopped
- ¼ cup Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, fresh (or 1 tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp Crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Spray a deep skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Cook chicken in hot skillet for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or whole-wheat pasta.
Yields: 4 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Total Fat: 5g
Protein: 30 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 383 mg