- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp) of milk
- 3 1/2 cups (c.) cornflakes, crushed
- 1 pound (lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into nugget-size pieces
- 1 can (8-ounce) sliced or crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (c.) pineapple-orange juice
- 1/4 cup (c.) barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a small mixing bowl.
- Place cornflakes in a plastic bag.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then shake with cornflakes to coat.
- Put coated chicken on a baking sheet.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven.
- Serve nuggets with warm pineapple-orange dipping sauce.
- Pour can of pineapple (with juice!) into the blender.
- Put the lid on and hit the “puree” button until it is nice and thick.
- Add cornstarch and blend.
- Add pineapple-orange juice and barbecue sauce and blend.
- Pour into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring until sauce thickens, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
1g saturated fat