- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 piece (2″x1″) fresh ginger, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into ½” strips
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup (4 oz) chicken broth, low-sodium
- ¼ cup (2 oz) 100% grapefruit juice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup grapefruit sections
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook ginger, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove ginger, set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken. Stir constantly, cooking until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Add broccoli with 1/4 cup water. Cook until tender crisp. Return chicken to skillet, add broth, grapefruit juice, and soy sauce.
- In a small cup, combine cornstarch with 1 Tbsp cold water until cornstarch is dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Add grapefruit sections and ginger and heat through. Serve.
Yields: 4 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving
Total Fat 6g
Dietary Fiber 3g