Need to come up with a quick idea for a dish to bring to a holiday cookout? We’ve got plenty ideas of foods to bring to a cookout that you can feel good about serving your family and friends. Sometimes the simplest additions can be the most welcome. Any host will love a nutritious and delicious side dish to go with whatever they plan to barbeque. The options are limitless:
- Collect some sweet corn on the cob to throw on the grill
- Grab a bag of avocados to add some creaminess and healthy fats to salads and sandwiches
- Toss together an Every Shade of Green Salad to add some color to the plate
- Cut any melons, berries, or hand fruits you have on hand into a fruit salad to satisfy the sweet tooth
- Whip up a Spunky Spud Potato Salad or Caribbean Bean Salad for a light, new twist on some old favorites
Happy Fourth! While you are celebrating the holiday, make sure to take a moment to celebrate your decision to make smart food choices even when not-so-great-for-you options are readily available.