One of the best Mother’s Day traditions is Mother’s Day brunch in bed! Celebrate all the mothers and women in your life this weekend with these healthy and kid-friendly recipes that won’t make a huge mess in your kitchen.
- Brunch Parfaits: Mix some granola and yogurt with your favorite nuts and berries and you’ve got a delicious and sweet breakfast treat!
- Smoothies: check out our previous post on some great smoothie recipes
- Frozen Fruit Cups: These simple, but delicious, fruit cups are a great side to any breakfast
- Fruit Wands: Even the most inexperienced chefs can make these beautiful, and fun to eat, fruit kebabs
Easy to cook (adult supervision required!)
- Whole-wheat Buttermilk Pancakes: These hearty, healthy pancakes will leave you full all day and ready for adventure. Top with berries or syrup! (or if you prefer waffles, try this whole-grain waffle recipe)
- Crepes: With an adult’s help making the crepes, kids can experiment with filling them with different kinds of toppings and fruit
- Breakfast burrito: These breakfast burritos have only 6 ingredients and your kids will love wrapping them up
Happy Mother’s Day!
(Image courtesy of www.TasteofHome.com)