- 6 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 ½ cups red peppers
- 1 Tbsp garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, fat-free, shredded
- 6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup green onions, trimmed and sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 6 Tbsp onion, diced
- ¾ cup tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the butternut squash, red pepper, and garlic with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes until they are cooked and slightly caramelized.
- While the squash mixture is cooking, combine the diced tomatoes and onions. Add 1 Tbsp of cilantro. Set aside to be used as salsa.
- Spread out tortillas on parchment-lined baking sheets. Place 1/4 cup mozzarella on one-half of each tortilla.
- Distribute roasted squash mixture evenly on top of the cheese, followed by green onions and remaining cilantro. Fold tortillas in half to form quesadillas.
- Place in a 200 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with fresh salsa on the side of the quesadilla.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Total Fat: 6g